Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Good news!

In a totally personal victory I just got approved for a two year Hungarian visa!!!! I applied for another 6 month visa (because that is what they gave me the first time) and walked out of the immigration office being able to stay here until 2012. I probably won't stay here until 2012 but it is nice to have options!

Now I'm off to celebrate with a few of my Hungarian/ Latvian friends......and for once the celebration is not going to be centered around food or booze! I'm not sure about you but in my life celebrations of any kind (birthdays, weddings, graduations, etc) are rewarded with food. That is definitely something that I have had to work to overcome and will be facing a lot more in 2.5 weeks when I am stateside.

How do you celebrate without food?

2 comments:

  1. Yay---congrats!!!

    I celebrate by meeting up friends for physical activities, a walk in the park or something art related but it is tough. Food makes everything better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's wonderful news!

    It's not easy finding ways to celebrate without involving food. Usually I buy myself a small gift. Nothing expensive. A new CD or a book. However, I have to admit that in most cases I go out to dinner. Ahh Well!...I'm still a work in progress... :)

    ReplyDelete