Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Prague Part 1

Sorry guys for being MIA for the week! My excuse, and I'm sure you will find is a good one, I was in Prague. Being my third time there I did not have high expectations because the city is not my favorite. Actually Prague ranked second in my worst list behind Bologna (Italy) before I went. But after this weekend I can now say it has moved from my worst cities to favorite cities list!

It took me about 6 hours to get there. My bus ride was rather nice. I went with a company called OrangeWays. I would recommend them. They had a nice stewardess who was extremely helpful and pleasant. They had free hot drinks and new movies playing . The problem was I had to do the sub-title thing as they played the movies in Hungarian!

After arriving I got lost! (Shocker!!!). Originally I had two hours from between when my bus arrived and when I had to meet Jane at the train station. My bus arrived an hour late and I was lost in the city for about 30 minutes before arriving, so I had only a 30 minute wait.

Once I found Jane we went about trying to get a hostel. Disaster. We booked with a company that finds last minute places to stay, they sent us to hell. Okay maybe not literally but it was pretty close. I do not recommend Crib 15!!!! Not only did we stay all of 5 minutes, we spoke with other guests who said it was the worst hostel they had been to and as we waited for a refund someone else was asking for a refund. So we packed up and went back to the booking company and were directed to Apple.
As far as hostels go it was nice. This hostel had more male guests than female, and as the shower and bathrooms were not connected to the room we saw many half-naked guys for the weekend. It was about insane, at one point we kept commenting to one another that we were in a nudest colony. Can't say that I minded, luckily the guys were all very easy to look at!
Also it was located really close to everything. We had to walk two minutes to be at the main shopping street, the tourist street, or the train station. Plus it was a very nice area of town.


So after we got settled in our hostel it was nearing 9 at night and we were famished. We set off blindly looking for a restaurant, and stumbled upon one we had been to two years prior! It was a good trip down memory lane.

We ate pasta stuffed with cheese and topped with tomato sauce. (Jane is vegetarian so I didn't eat meat on this trip.)
And split a Mint Iced Teaand a cucumber lemonade.
The mint iced tea was delish, the cucumber lemonade tasted like cucumber puree so it was refreshing just not the best drink in the world!

After leaving the restaurant we immediately went back to the hostel and crashed!


So in the next few posts I plan on sharing the rest of the trip, giving tips on traveling, and of course how it is possible to lose weight and travel. If you guys want me to address anything specific just ask!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good time...Especially the hotel with the good looking men. lol The food looks fabulous but I have to admit that the cucumber lemonade doesn't sound too appealing to me.I'm really looking forward to hearing more about your trip...:-D

    ReplyDelete