Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The start of a beautiful relationship with blogging

Everyone needs to read a good about me story.....right? I know I did when I first started my weight loss journey, I needed to see that other people could do it to know that it was possible and that I too could lose weight. I don't think I would be where I am in my weight loss journey without physical evidence of others that it could be done! So I hope to inspire those of you who are starting on your journey and contribute to those already in the process.

Here goes......I started my weight loss journey at 286 lbs! 286 LBS. Crazy. I didn't even realize I was that big because I stayed away from the scale! So it took me months to realize I needed to lose weight. I wish I could give a trigger as to what caused the desire in me to start, but there isn't one. I've seen the pictures, knew I was fat, yet I didn't have the motivation to lose the weight. One day *BAM* I got it, and have been losing ever since......
My friend Elese and I in Bologna, Italy. This was the picture where I realized, "wow I am fat". But didn't do anything about it.Notice the look of discomfort with having my picture taken..... November of 2007.

Me in Heidelburg Germany, I had started to exercise more. I walked daily. Couldn't diet, I mean I was living in Germany, land of bread and sausage, who could resist? June 2008. Approx. 285 lbs.

Flashforward to October 2009 in Bratislava, Slovakia. I had started eating better and exercising more. Weight was 240 lbs. I maintained this weight for about 6 months, just continued doing what I had been doing and didn't try to lose more, to many changes and weight-loss became a secondary priority.


A time where I actually asked to be in a full length photo! Split, Croatia April 2010. I weighed about 225 lbs. I got back into weight loss January of 2010 and the results speak for themselves....you'll notice the smile!


More to come as the weight keeps getting kicked to the curb!



Okay so you might be thinking why are all the pictures in different countries? No? Oh, ok, well maybe I'm a bit of a bragger yes, but it is because my whole process has been about losing weight--Internationally. Hence the title of my blog.

I'm an American by nationality, but have lived in Europe most of my adult life, although I'm only 23 so that should say something. I work abroad while going to school for Criminology (you'll find through this blog that yes, I do love my major!) B.S complete now onto my Masters!

My plan started off my moving more, walking. I loved to walk and would do so every morning. Then I joined WW, that lasted while I was living stateside. I loved it counting points was an easy plan and I didn't feel deprived. I stopped WW and maintained my weight for about 6 months, during that time I was in a stressful job, moved countries, and tried to start again in Hungary (my current residence). January 2010 I started my journey again, I really wish I could say it was a New Years resolution that got me started but it wasn't. I had spent Christmas and the first week of January with a dear Italian family of mine that came to visit and took me back to Italy with them. The also had lost weight! They notice I had too! Wow, it was something as simple as "keep up the good work" that got my butt into gear! So I started changing my food choices and exercising. I count calories and run. RUN! Gone are the days of my motto "I will only run if I am being chased" and I enjoy running.....CRAZY.

I have a long way to go still.

Start:286
Current:221
Goal:180 (then re-evaluate)

But I know I can do it!

Hope you enjoyed my story and hope to see you around!

1 comment:

  1. Great progress so far! I'll definitely follow your blog and support you along this journey!

    Check out my blog if you get a chance: http://my-body-in-motion.blogspot.com/

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete