Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Running! Thank you Knee.

Not so long ago I use to live by the motto, "I will only run if I am being chased". I HATED running. Have I mentioned I was on the track team? Okay so I did the field part of track & field but I still had to condition with the runners and after every meet we would run laps. SUCKED! I hated every minute of it. I did not like running. I thought it was pointless, why would people run for fun or exercise? It seemed so wrong in my mind.

Yes, exactly. See I would need a scary dinosaur, or at the very least an axe murder to make me run. Even then I'm not so sure I would have.

Well, somehow between really really really hating running I started to really really really love it! I don't know how it happened, actually I do it was that dang C25K.

Thanks to Cool Running I found a plan that was simple and turned me into a runner.

That was until last weekend when I hurt my knee. So going from 1 hour daily to 2 hours really wasn't the smarted idea I had. I guess I will go up in 15 min increments not hour increments!




The last couple of days I have been having this for my morning snack. Yes see that in the corner that is a heat patch for my knee. I was hardly able to climb stairs or walk for days. Well today I woke up and no knee pain! So that means.....



....tonight I'm going to put on these babies and run!

*Yes, yes they are huge! In my defense I should probably go down a size, but I love them so much. Luckily as soon as I'm back stateside in July I will have the exact same pair in pink (which I love even more) and they are a size smaller. See back in the day (okay a year ago) I thought I could wear any shoes to exercise in....WRONG!So when I wised up I bought this pair, but sadly they were out of my size in pink, bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment