Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Two in One...Nice

Wow so my procrastination is on pause so I can deliver you two posts today. Don't get used to it, it's one of those once in a lifetime things!

Anyways I passed over this delicious, homemade Hungarian goodness ......

for these oh so healthy snacks.


I'm starting to scare myself because a month ago I would have dove head first into Evie Mama's delicious desserts. The lady can cook her way into my heart any day! She is Hungarian (the children's grandmother and my Hungarian tutor) and it is a miracle that I did not gain twenty pounds from being here. Three days a week she stops in (she lives in the apartment under mine) with delicious treats, and normally I do not have the will power to resist but today I did!

In keeping up with my trying new things I tried a green monster, I've heard a lot about them through the blogs I read and well I'm being open minded so I picked up the ingredients......
1/2 banana, about 20 grams spinach, 200 ml milk. blended and drank.

I think they are fantastic! They don't taste spinach-y at all! I need a way to get in more veggies and well I found it. I let the kids taste it today and it was given two thumbs up....well actually it was given one of these.....
But I think the results are the same!

Oh and encase you noticed the poster, it's the Colts. I'm from Indiana. Enough said? It made it's way in the first care package I recieved!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! All of that looks delicious!
    Good job on healthy eating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first I've heard of the green monster. Do you think it would be good with strawberries instead of bananas? Bananas don't grow anywhere near where I live, unfortunately. :-( But we've got strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries galore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I applaud your courage for trying the green monster. You are a braver woman than I. Congratulations too for passing over that wonderful looking dish for your healthier snacks, which by the way, also looks delicious. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete