Monday, June 14, 2010

Ahhh...weekends.

How was your weekend? Mine started off like any other....Work on Saturday followed immediately by Hungarian lessons. Let me tell you 9 hours of work and then an hour learning the second hardest language in the world.....well needless to say I didn't do much Saturday!

I ordered pizza. Honestly it was the first time I've ever ordered anything on the telephone besides a taxi in Hungarian. Normally I rely on German when ordering, but I ordered in Hungarian and survived. So I walked to pick up my pizza. Made me feel less guilty about ordering it, and since I never eat at restaurants I wasn't racked with guilt the rest of the weekend. Plus what I love about pizza in Europe it tastes more like Italian pizza then American pizza.

Yummy, cheese and tomato pizza with bread sticks.


As soon as I finished my slice of pizza Andris came over bearing this .....It was still warm and delicious. I had a few bites and saved the rest for Sunday.

Sunday was a busy day. After my morning Hungarian lessons I biked out to the shopping center.

I picked up some cute outfits....and groceries....
I was in desperate need of some summer clothes as we were under a heat wave and I was drowning in extra clothing material. One should not be wearing size 24 pants and 2xl tops when they wear an 18 and a L! I was going to wait to buy anything until I was stateside, but it needed to be done.

I ended up walking away with 3 tops, 2 skirts, 1 dress, and two pairs of capris. I had some NSV's because the skirts I bought were a size 14! What?! Now if only I wore a 14 in pants.... and another victory is that I would even buy skirts. I could live in my blue jeans and Duke shirt.....in fact my wardrobe at home is full of college t-shirts and jeans. I never felt comfortable with who I was when I was 286 lbs to dress up. I never felt that I could look nice so honestly I never bothered. Now, I'm gaining confidence and am starting to take better care of my appearance.

After spending hours shopping, I relaxed and watched Sex and the City 2



and ate and chatted on the phone for hours with my mother and then my best friend.



All in all it was a good weekend. I've been fighting with the scale because today it had me back at 219. Honestly I don't think it is possible I gained 3 lbs of real weight in two days. I'm trying not to let it get me down. I mean the scale is saying one thing, but how I feel is another. I finally am at some peace with myself over how I look.

Also only 6 more weeks and then I am back stateside!!!!! I can't wait. My goal is to be into onderland by then, but if it doesn't happen then it doesn't happen. At this point I've come to realize that setting time goals never works for me! I need to learn to be happy with the progress I make and even if I don't hit onderland by then, well I'll have a whole month in America to try and reach my goal!

Did you start taking better care of your appearance after losing weight? Did your style of dress change?

6 comments:

  1. WTG!! You're doing great. I just love the outfits you bought. My clothes are still pretty much the same only smaller. I've lost about 20 lbs so far and although I like how I look I'm still feeling a bit too large to make drastic changes to my wardrobe yet. I mostly wear jeans with a nice top and sneakers. I have a couple of dresses and pantsuits for nice occasions. As for my over all appearance, I've always cared how I looked. Even if I'm not dressed in the latest fashion...I am always clean and neat. My hair is always combed and styled and I never go anywhere without make-up on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey friend! I couldn't help but comment and say congrats on the weight loss! I'm so glad you are gaining more confidence in your beautiful self! just wanted to say don't get hung up on the number! Feel good about you and the progress you are making, being a slave to the scale can sometimes make it worse!! Best of luck!! Your clothes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute outfits you bought - I love the skirts.

    Keep up the hard work - loosing weight is not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfits! That pizza is making me HUNGRY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stumbled on your blog and couldn't resist the title since I'm going to be becoming an "international loser" myself in a few weeks.

    Congrats on the new clothes! I know for me that's when I can really tell that I've made progress and it feels great, even if it is kind of hard to adjust your brain to process that you need a different size than what you've always bought. Keep up the good work and that's so cool that you're learning Hungarian!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog as well! I've never been to Europe so enjoying reading about your experience over there, it's kinda like I am there and can see how things are....but for free!



    You poor girl having to wear those loose clothes---new clothes are definitely a nice treat and a way to stay on track. I usually buy a size smaller so it's something to work towards. Congrats on your loss thus far---that's an amazing transformation right there!

    PS-I would love if I could fit into a Size 14 pant but I think it's going to take awhile, I've lost 60+ lbs but only went down one size in pants-whats up with that?

    PPS-Sorry for the novel :)

    ReplyDelete