Monday, June 7, 2010

overwhealmed in a good way!

I was bed ridden yesterday with a migraine.

I got it within an hour of being at work. I have never had a headache so bad. My hand went numb, no amount of Tylenol or Excedrin seemed to help. Luckily I was only there for about 3 hours, as soon as I got home I pulled the black out blinds, got a cool washcloth and proceeded to sleep for the next 3 hours. When I woke I was still feeling like death but managed to eat some cereal and watch some t.v. before going right back to bed. Still not 100% better today but it's much better than yesterday!

Because of my migraine I didn't eat nearly enough, and it showed on the scale as I barely lost. Today I'm going to have to make an effort to get in the calories!

As I sit here and type I literally have tears in my eyes. I am so impressed by the words of support and encouragement that I have received lately.

I was the biggest loser on the red team for week one! That is a big deal. I can't believe that I stuck with it and followed through. And I have an amazing and supportive team that the results make it feel so worth it. These ladies don't make me feel bad for having "won" the weeks weigh in. They are there with words of congratulations. It's strange for me. I've always had competitive friends, and let's just say winning was dealing with jealousy and an attitude. I feel none of that here.....and it's so motivating.

Sitting here seeing the words of encouragement not only for the BL challenge but also because of my progress pictures it made me sad because I don't have that support in real life from the people I care about most.

My mom is by far my biggest supporter. I talk to her every weekend and I always update her on my WL status. She is my biggest cheerleader and gives me sound advice. When I lived in Maryland and she came to visit she attended my WW meeting, when I stay at her house she takes me shopping for healthy foods, she bought me a pool so when I am home this summer I will not be vegging in front of the television, basically my mom is the best cheerleader you can ask for. I can not begin to describe how lucky I am to have her support even if I am on a different continent!

The support I am lacking is from friends. On my journey I've had to deal with the jealousy bug from friends. I've had the friend who drops over with deep fried garbage, I've had the friend who give's the silent treatment, and I've had the friend that has to make you feel bad about the results. My friends have made me feel bad for losing weight. I have always been the token fat friend in a group of shouldbe model friends. Granted these friends I've had since H.S. and I love them like family but at times I wonder if they accept me. Am I there friend because I make them feel good about themselves? Or are they truly accepting of me?

The short of this story is that kind words of encouragement are appreciated, and not only for me. Taking the time to be supportive goes a long way. After reading the comments that I have gotten over the last two days has filled me with such joy. My challenge for you is to go out there and be supportive of someone. It can be online or in real life. Words of encouragement go a long way for that person and yourself.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that it's much easier to find encouragement through 3FC and blogs than it is in real life.

    But the great thing is that there are places like 3FC where we can go and get that boost when we need it!

    Keep on keeping on!

    -Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for being the biggest loser this week. That's wonderful!!! You should be very proud of yourself for all your hard work is paying off.

    I understand what you mean about friends not being supportive. I've had a few like that too. I think it isn't that they don't want us to lose weight but feel uncomfortable with the changes they see in us. Maybe it makes them feel a bit insecure. I'm sure though that in time most of them will get on board and start to celebrate your success!

    ReplyDelete