Monday, June 21, 2010

Voluta festival

So I had an interesting weekend following an uninteresting week. Saturday after working a few hours I decided to go shopping (because I don't need an excuse!), upon coming home I discovered an email from my Hungarian friend Moni wanting to meet up at the festival that was happening in my back yard, (okay so it was two blocks away but still!). I said yes and had to proceed to rapidly get ready! Luckily I had just bought a few things that I couldn't wait to try out!

I decided on this very European outfit of a dress and tights.....
We managed to catch one of the dragon boat races....
They have been practicing for two weeks, and you can hear the beating of the drum from in my apartment! I can't say that I am sad the noise will stop!!

Moni grabbed an "American" hot dog. Not sure I buy into it being American, but that is what the sign said!



And I had my first Hungarian kürtőskalács... I got the traditional vanilla, and I must say it was very good, but had to be worth a bazillion calories so I think I'll stay away!



In WL news I'm struggling. I think that I might be to obsessed with calorie counting and I might be ruining my metabolism by doing it. Don't get me wrong, many people do well with calorie counting and it is a good method for some people but I don't think it will be something I can do and maintain a weight loss for a long term period. So in a fit a rebellion I made a lot of stupid food choices this past week. I have thought it over and for me it feels to stressful to calorie count, especially when it is hard to find products that list the calories! So I am going back to my method of cutting down on portion sizes and will be intuitive eating. I think for me this method will work best. Maybe I won't lose a lot of weight fast, but it is a method I know I can maintain on as I have in the past.

I have decided to get back into running, I started slacking when I started calorie counting. I need to exercise, I want to exercise, so there should be nothing stopping me besides a lack of motivation, but that can easily be fixed! I've decided to go back to running 5 days a week, with strength training on two. It's doable so there is no reason not to get it done!!!!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a lot of fun. It's so hard to stay on course with eating healthy when you go to that type of function. But once in awhile is okay.

    I found that calorie counting didn't work well for me either. Some do great with it but for me it was frustrating because I either forgot to record something or there were more ingredients than I could count and in the end ate more than I should. You've been doing really well with the weight loss though. I've no doubt you'll find a good plan that works well for you. :-D

    http://sparklingmimijourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you're struggling with your weight loss. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to buy foods that don't have the nutrition label on them.

    I think the intuitive eating sounds like a good plan for you! The speed of the weight loss is not important, it's doing something that's maintainable.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete