Thursday, June 10, 2010

Stress

So I might have created my own monster with the Green Monsters! Andris is now a big fan and insists that I make them for him, he wrote a list of his favorite foods and put the GM as number 11, behind the nutella and lasagna of course!



I have a lot of real life stress at the moment.


With deciding upon graduate school.....


planning my trip home for a month....

trying to arrange a last minute trip to Munich...

Now the me of the past (and we are talking as recently as two months ago) would have went on a binge. I don't know when in my life I started the dreaded cycle of turning to food for comfort, but it was a major comfort for me. It was a comfort I didn't even realize I was partaking in. Luckily I haven't reached for the junk. It is scary for me even sitting here that I am aware that I could turn to food at any moment to help me deal. I am having to make a conscious effort not to eat my way to comfort.

What do you do when you are stressed?

5 comments:

  1. Hi. I'm a new follower :)
    Congratulations on how much you have lost so far, that is awesome!!
    I have a long journey ahead of me and it is inspiring to find people that are being successful at their journey.
    Good for you for not letting your stress get you eating junk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends on how stressed I am. If I just get a little overwhelmed or frustrated, I sleep. But if I'm TOO overwhelmed, I can't sleep because I can't stop my mind from racing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like alot of fun exciting times ahead!

    It's great you have your son hooked on Green Monsters :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I found you from the blog hop. I have banana and milk smoothies all the time. I should try adding spinach. Did you add fresh or frozen spinach?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ana- I use frozen spinach but a lot of people use fresh. We don't have fresh spinach here and I found that frozen works fine.

    ReplyDelete