Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Glade weight loss is hard?


It's National Running Day today! Have you got your run in? I did, somehow I managed to suffer through this sore throat and got motivated, I only ran for 30 minutes, but hey it's better than nothing!

So I recently responded to a post that Lindsay @ another priorfatgirl wrote in which I told her that I was glad that the weight loss process wasn't an easy one because if it were easy we would not care if we gained the weight back because it would not be a problem to lose again. Now I've been thinking about this (obviously to much time on my hands!) for two days and I do believe this. While I said this to give her support in her time of weight loss crisis I do believe that I am glad the weight loss process is hard. It definitely makes me re-evaluate choices I make because I don't want to gain the weight and have to go through this process again. Through this journey I've learned a lot about my body and myself, things that I wouldn't have learned if I hadn't been tested. I have more knowledge on how to get healthy and do research about what I put into my body. Along the way, through the tears and sweat I have gained so much insight and have been tested and here I am, stronger for it. Now don't get me wrong I'll be the first person to say I wish my weight loss would speed up. I'd love a quick fix now and again, but I truly am glade that this process hasn't been easy because I know that once I hit goal I would never want to repeat it journey! While I'm up for the challenge I don't think that I want this one again;)

How do you feel? Would you rather the journey be easy overall or are glad that the process is difficult?

1 comment:

  1. It's funny that you mention how much you're learning about yourself. I was just thinking the same thing and was considering blogging about just that very subject. I still might. It’s true that we wouldn’t appreciate the journey we’re on if it were an easy one. Like you I’m finding it’s not just about the weight. It’s giving me the opportunity to know what I'm made of and to find out who I really am. But I also have to admit that sometimes I wish I had a machine that I could step into, push a button and Voila!...Goal weight! :-D

    ReplyDelete